My professional background
I am an accomplished business leader and a Certified Intelligent Leadership (IL) Executive Coach with 30 years of experience in both the private and development sectors. I am also a Leadership Development Coach with global organisations like The Humanitarian Coaching Network and The Coaching Fellowship.
My quest for self-discovery, my ability to honour every individual from all walks of life, my belief that everyone has the potential of translating their “inner core” attributes into “outer-core” skills and competencies required for organisational success, led me to offer coaching to senior executives in organisations and individuals. I use online platforms for coaching clients across the globe.
My proficiency in communications coupled with my spiritual evolution has sharpened my active listening and insightful questioning skills. I help you unearth your latent goals, identify underlying concerns, challenge deep-seated assumptions to achieve clear objectives. My sense of empathy and multi-cultural experience further facilitate powerful learning for my clients, especially individuals or organisations at an inflection point in their lives.
I have held leadership positions in multinational organisations like McCann Erickson, Publicis and OneWorld International, where my primary role entailed providing people, business and brand leadership. During my last employment spanning 11 years, I was a founding management board member of Centum Learning, a multinational corporation and part of the US$16.5-billion Bharti Group. I played a critical role in Centum in transforming more than 1.2 million lives in 21 countries by leading the skill development cycle, including training in technical and life skills. I was also instrumental in securing 37 prestigious awards for Centum.
I am member of an international network of humanistic management professionals and have travelled to many countries on speaking assignments, including Bangladesh, Canada, Japan, Pakistan, Spain, Sri Lanka, Switzerland, Thailand, United Kingdom and Zambia.
My Professional Qualifications, Certifications & Memberships
- Intelligent Leadership (IL) Executive Coach from John Mattone University, USA
- Certificate in Hogan Assessments, Sierra Alta, India
- Certified on Mattone Leadership Enneagram Inventory (MLEI) Assessment tool
- Member of the International Coach Federation (ICF)
- ICF approved Coach Training programme from Coaching Development Ltd., UK
- TA 101 course, recognized by the International Transactional Analysis Association and pursuing the Foundation year long programme
- Member of the International Humanistic Management Association
- Member of SAATA, South Asian Association of Transactional Analysts
- Part of the NVC (Non Violent Communication founded by Marshall Rosenberg) practice group
- Dynamic Leadership Programme from Possiblers, India
- Alumni of the Landmark Forum, India
- MBA from Institute of Management Technology, Ghaziabad, India
My other interests
My coaching career is borne out of my personal, professional and spiritual journey. I am the mother of a 21-year-old daughter who is pursuing her undergraduate studies in International Relations and Gender studies from Sarah Lawrence College (SLC), New York. She is also the Co- Senior Class President of SLC.
I am associated with Delhi School of Music and Neemrana Music Foundation where I am training to be an opera and choral singer. I recently participated in an opera, “Child and the Spells” by Maurice Ravel. Choral singing reinforces mindfulness— it sharpens my ability to stay fully in the moment.
Yoga is another passion that allows me to experience oneness of body and mind. Besides, I love travelling and my most precious moments are those that are spent in forming genuine human to human connections anywhere in the world. I am equally passionate about experimenting with different cuisines and exotic brands of liquor.
I co- founded an NGO, Venu Menon Animal Allies Foundation, in honour of my late husband in 1998 – which presented national awards to unsung heroes working in the area of animal welfare and conservation for 10 years.
Select Awards & Achievements
- Won the CEO Award for Execution Excellence at Centum Learning.
- Won the CEO Award for Going the Extra Mile at Centum Learning.
- Under my leadership, Centum Learning won The “Best In-House Magazine” Awards, “Best Corporate Film Award”, and “2nd Runner Up for the Organisation Website”. These awards were instituted for recognising Excellence in Marketing, Communications, Advertising and Branding.
- Was honoured as the “Hit Woman of the year” by a reputed FM Radio Channel.
- One of the seven “fellows” nominated by Global Knowledge Partnership to participate in the Asian Civil Society forum in Bangkok.
- Nominated as one of the two representatives for Asian Civil Society, to the Draft Declaration Committee at the Asia Pacific Regional Conference on WSIS (World Summit on the Information Society) held in Japan.
I have been covered in media publications like The Mint, Financial Express, Femina, Global Times, MBAuniverse.com and the Australian Broadcasting Corporation.
Select Professional Representations
- United Nations Business and Human Rights Forum, Geneva, Switzerland.
- “Challenges that women face at the work place”, Women’s Circle, New Delhi, India.
- 37th PGDM Batch Commencement, Institute of Management Technology, Ghaziabad, India.
- World Congress against Commercial Sexual Exploitation of Children, Yokohama, Japan.
- Symposium on “Best Practices in Humanitarian Information Exchange”, hosted by UN office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Exchange, Geneva, Switzerland.
- “International Experiences in Sustaining Democracy”, a PILDAT conference, Islamabad, Pakistan.
- “Internet and Solidarity: Development and Social Exclusion in the Net”, Barcelona, Spain.